How to ensure parents get the best photos and YOU get the best, fuss-free commission.
If you’ve ever watched Britain’s Got Talent, and some unicycle riding juggling contortionist has wowed the audience with their acrobatic multi-tasking, I bet you’ve raised an eyebrow and thought, “I know exactly how THAT feels.”
Running a school can be a juggling act at the smoothest of times.
Throw in a pandemic, and you’d be forgiven for ditching your sequins and contemplating a quiet job in archiving.
On top of everything else you’re keeping in the air at the moment, you’ve also got to choose a decent photographer for your school pictures, ensure granny gets the best photo possible because she’s not seen the grandkids all year, AND stay Covid-Safe.
Pass the cape – you’ll need it.
What should you be considering when it comes to your school photographer?
1. Wrap-around customer services – Do they have complete customer services both to your school, your admin staff and parents. Make sure the process will be as seamless as possible for everyone involved.
2. Portfolio – Do they have a portfolio of examples to view? Check you’re happy with the quality of lighting, editing and exposure in the samples that they show.
3. Experience – How long have they worked in the industry? Experience, especially with children, is crucial if you want to consistently deliver images that parents want to own and students are proud of.
4. Speed – Speed and efficiency are going to be key when it comes to organising the shoot and the photographers need to be super-orangised Beautiful photos should also be backed up by thorough technical knowledge and a great after-sales experience.
5. Value for everyone – Parents need the best value for money, ask about flexible packages with competitive prices. Pair decent commission rates with the highest quality photos.
6. Hassle Free Ordering – What ordering and proofing processes are being offered? In these times, you’ll benefit from being as ‘hands-off’ as possible. The less you’re involved, the more time you’ll get back and the safer your processes will become.
7. Safety – Having DBS checked photographers capture stunning pictures whilst maintaining staff and student safety is of the utmost importance. This year has left an impact on everyone, but your photos should reflect nothing but incredible memories.
Sounds great – now where do you get it all?
At Carmel Jane, we’re committed to creating outstanding school photography, producing beautiful shots that will stand the test of time and take pride of place. It’s our dedication to detail that sets us apart from other school photography companies.
There’s minimal admin for your school staff, because we make sure that school photo day runs smoothly. You can be assured of income for your school because we guarantee price-matched commission . Oh – and free staff images too.
Every session is Covid-secure (even large year group/school photos can be shot socially-distanced, using the magic of green screen tech) – and all our top-notch team are DBS checked.
Unlike most school photography providers, we allow photos to be mixed and matched across packages and siblings. This year we’ve added a range of mix and match cut sheets to offer parents the very best value for money too.
There are no proofs for you to deal with because parents order directly online in our simple portal. Meaning it’s an admin-free service for your school. All orders are printed and packed in-house and sent directly to parents.
We’ve also got a dedicated customer service team to help with any queries you or the parents may have which gives you peace of mind throughout the whole process.
So if you’re looking for a school photographer, drop a message in the form below or give us a call on 01277 822674 and let’s have a chat.